Family Dentistry in Boise, ID
Prevention Dental is a trusted dental practice that provides quality dental care to patients of all ages. Dr. Glen Stephenson and his team of specialists are experienced in providing various services in Boise, from preventative dentistry to family dentistry. We want to help you achieve and maintain optimal oral health.
What Can Family Dentistry in Boise, Idaho, Do for You?
Prevention Dental provides family dentistry care in Boise for your whole family’s needs. We love the variety that being a Boise, Meridian, and Eagle family dentist brings. Whether you need sealants for your little one or implants for grandpa, we have you covered in one place.
Pediatric Dentistry Services
We specialize in helping kids gain bright, beautiful teeth for a healthy smile! Our pediatric dentistry services include the following:
- Helping kids feel comfortable and giving them some control during a dental procedure. It is incredible how cooperative kids get with our method!—- OK, the TV’s on the ceiling help too….
- Mom, are you busy? We can see many children at the same time for their cleaning. This cuts down on how long you have to hang out in our lobby.
- Treating kids is all about attitude and fun, but when it comes to what parents prefer–nothing can take the place of skill. At Prevention Dental, we have the latest technology and skills to provide a healthy, long-lasting smile. Whether your child needs a crown or just a gentle cleaning, we would love for you to trust us with their smile.
- One last thing. Raising kids can be expensive. Preventative dentistry is the most cost-effective way of caring for your child’s teeth. We work hard to keep dental costs down, which shows in our prices. If you have any questions about the cost of your care, ask us – we are proud of our great pricing!
Preventive and Periodontal Services
At Prevention Dental, family dentistry is about more than just cleanings. We offer preventive and periodontal services to help you maintain a healthy smile, including:
- Fluoride Application – Topical fluoride delivered by mouth trays, foam, or varnish to prevent tooth decay.
- Sealants – Composite coatings placed into pits, fissures, and grooves of teeth to reduce places that food can collect and cause decay
- Prophylaxis (cleaning) – Routine dental cleanings maintain the health of the supporting tissues (gums and bone) around the teeth.
- Root Planing and Scaling – Cleaning for teeth and periodontal disease. This treats the bacterial infection around involved teeth and may be localized or throughout the mouth.
- Site-Specific Antibiotic Therapy – Placement of antibiotics to target troublesome periodontal pockets.
- Night Guards for Bruxism (clenching and/or grinding) – Often, patients who grind their teeth are unaware of their habit, but tremendous damage may be caused by tooth wear, sore muscles, headaches, cold-sensitive teeth, and fractures or breaking of teeth.
- TMJ (or TMJD) – Many patients use this acronym to refer to the painful symptoms of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction. This condition is often related to or aggravated by clenching and grinding of the teeth. We can treat this condition, which may include pain in the jaw itself, pain in the muscles of jaw function, and limited movement of the lower jaw.
Cosmetic Dental Services
Our family dentistry in Boise also offers a variety of cosmetic services to improve the appearance of your teeth, including:
- Porcelain Veneers – a cosmetic method for hiding imperfections in your teeth, such as chips, discoloration, gaps, and worn edges.
- Teeth Whitening – a quick, easy, and affordable way to brighten your smile.
- Bonding – a cosmetic treatment that uses a tooth-colored composite resin material to improve the appearance of your teeth.
- White Fillings – a dental restoration used to repair decayed or fractured teeth and improve the color of your teeth.
- Crowns – used to restore a tooth to its natural shape, size, and function.
Family Dentistry in Boise, Idaho
You deserve to have a beautiful smile that makes you feel confident whenever you flash it. Let us help you achieve that smile with our wide range of services and treatments. We’ll work with you every step of the way to ensure that you’re comfortable and happy with your healthy teeth and new look.